Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bridging the gap - Accounci review

Accounci once said, "if I specialize in a medium, I would be fixing a ground for myself, a ground I would have to be digging myself out of, constantly, as one medium was substituted for another - so, then instead of turning toward 'ground' I would shift my attention and turn to 'instrument,' I would focus on my self as the instrument that acted on whatever ground was available. "

He has always seen art as an instrument connecting the artists and the audiences. In his infamous piece Undertone and Seedbed, where he utilize master-bate to create a situation of reciprocal interchange between the artist and audiences.



I found the piece above quite shocking and disturbing. It is called "Prying". When I watch it, the feeling of "prying" just never go away.

This piece is a recent work of him. He is still dedicated to building the connection between the people inside the art to people outside the art. The architecture is a examplary combination of private circumstances and public circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment