Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Media is the Message Response

Purposes of doing something shape our approaches.

"one African who took great pains to listen each evening to the BBC, news, even though he could understand nothing of it. Just to be in the presence of those sounds at 7 p.m. each day was important for him."

I was in that African's shoes before. My English teacher told me that the Economist was the best English practice material when I was in middle school, because it uses formal English language and highly advanced vocabulary. In addition, it is said that it was created exclusively to the elites in Britain. However, I hardly understand what it says because I simply do not have that large vocabulary. Nonetheless, I kept reading everyday. It just feels so good to be at the edge of social elites and news. It became an appetite.

Personally, I believe that this kind of mental status is a result of self-consolation. People doing similar things, tend to have a feeling of something good, sense of confidence for example. However on the other hand, they do not have immediate negative reciprocity keeping them aware of their ignorance over messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment