Monday, March 4, 2013

Response to Art as Performative Enactment - Maxwell Legocki

This article was enlightening to me in the sense that it gave me a more in-depth perception of what goes into performing arts. The three concepts, play, symbol, and festival, helped me break down and better understand performing arts. I was especially fond of play and the idea of how the game is created for the sole purpose of being played by players, making it the master of the players is interesting. Usually when I think of a game, I feel that I am the master and in control however this different approach has me thinking differently. I see it more as a back and forth debate now, with both sides sharing a mutual benefit from interacting with each other. A game is required for the player to play, and the player is required for the game to play itself.

I see the three balls and the triangle as the game and the player being the man bouncing the balls within the triangle. Without either of them, both are nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHoedoSUXY

No comments:

Post a Comment