Saturday, March 2, 2013

The hard part of art

One of the more interesting perspectives presented in this article is the notion that in intermedia, the viewer must ignore parts of the piece that are anomalous, or not "pure art" in order to gain an understanding of the piece itself. I tend to agree. With many of the examples of intermedia that I've seen, I feel like I can't appreciate the whole piece, but I can appreciate the parts that appeal to me most. The rest of the work often seems foreign or weird.
Secondly, the idean that one of the elements of art is festival is my favorite part of intermedia or any artwork. The most interesting part of any artwork for me is discussing it with friends or peers. The very fact that art can be interpreted so many ways is why it is so magical, and is the reason that it brings people together in the first place.

This video is an example of what i like and dislike about performance art. I don't understand the message, or the content necessarily. However I respect the time and effort that was put in to framing and setting up the shots and their edits to evoke a certain mood. Therefore for me to appreciate this video I overlook the parts I do not get in order to obtain some meaning from the piece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment