Saturday, September 21, 2013

Response to Aesthetics of video

I think this passage was really well written because it was clear and concise. In addition, I like how the authors included movie titles and pictures as examples to explain the topics addressed in the passage because it allowed me to really visualize and grasp the concepts that they were trying to get across. Likewise, I also this article because I learned a few things that I wasn't really aware of until reading this passage. For instance, I never really paid attention to the importance of camera framing and the fourth wall concept. Today I came across J.Cole's new video for his song "Crooked Smile" and I think this video embodied a lot of the concepts discussed in this passage, like camera framing, angles, and being a visual participant instead of being shown a specific scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzMOMkjm8A

No comments:

Post a Comment