Tuesday, October 15, 2013

response to art as performance

            The reading talks about the act of playing in an interesting way. It starts off about how you need movement for play. It then goes into this whole thing about how first you start playing the game, and then others join you in the game, and only then is the game being played. Then it says if there is an audience for the game then they are in fact part of the game and have to move as such. At least that’s the basic idea that I understood from reading it, I honestly found it all very confusing and I didn’t really understand how it related to video or performance art.
This got me thinking about I idea of filming kids playing games. I feel like if it was shot in the right way it could be a very cool thing to watch. I say this because I feel like kids, unlike adults, are very “real”. What I mean by that is that I think that what kids do, and say and how they act is very genuine. Because of that, I think the recording them when they are free to play whatever game they want with other kids, with no direct adult supervision or influence, could be an interesting thing to see. It could kind of be like getting a glimpse to what the world would be like if there were anarchy instead of government, how social society would be different and how people would act towards one another. Of course I'm describing the ideal version of what the video would capture. However it would probably end up just being silly and stupid.




Part of my influence for this idea came from this video (at the 10min mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment