Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Performance art: The Alchemy of Light

In the reading I felt that performance art was portrayed to move people. It often talked about touching people but I took it in a sense as performance art is to make the view feel something. Whatever the case may be the person who is doing the piece is giving up their body at times for the view of others. I always liked to describe performance art as the ideas that run in the back of your head and are finally let all out in the open for the whole world to see. I chose the piece "The Alchemy of Light" by DandyPunk today. I chose this piece because it made me feel how light is really an empowering thing. without light the world would be dark. This piece I believe is performance art because it makes me respond in someway and makes me think about the way we use light. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG2Xn_qDT0s

No comments:

Post a Comment