Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Thoughts on Origin of Video Art.

After reading this article I feel differently about what video art is. I don't really understand what they mean about a certain type of video art or anything. I feel indifferent about these opinions of video art because I feel that video art is another form of expression. I feel that it is more of a tool to express your inner self and this article is more of the technical side but more opinionated of what is considered video art. I believe that the use of cameras to create videos is similar painter using a paint brush. An yet maybe I read this article in the wrong light entirely but I still feel that the no boundaries of video art is exactly what art is. It is the freedom of expression. It's an art form that only has been changing drastically in a small amount of time. We have been able to create videos but I believe this article is only talking about tapes to be video art. This is something I would need clarified, but the advances in technology has only made the art form of video more convenient, so that's another part I am a still a little unsure of. I wanted to know how that has an effect. I also agree with this article and how video can push art in a way it never has before by connecting with people in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment