Wednesday, February 11, 2015

https://vimeo.com/108434062
The clip I chose comes from a student’s film project, which focuses on the city culture that I am familiar with. The clip starts from the beginning of the film. A bunch of students running towards the camera, and the camera rotates a little bit as they passing by. This scene introduces the main characters and their relationship, which is one against five. Then the narration comes out, and the scene cut responding to it. The camera angles high, and is in medium shot in the next few scenes. After finishing the narration, the camera dollies out a little bit and starts tracking. It tracks from the first row of the class all the way to the end; then it dollies into another main character, the bully. Then cut to a medium shot, exhibiting in low angle, emphasizing his facial expression. This part is purely handheld, and I think it promotes a comedy like effect. 


Actually, it’s my film project. I’m just curious how it feels like to analyse my own camerawork. Overall, it is weird to analyse my own work and it makes me realize the  continuity and camera movement need improvement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment